Thursday, March 25, 2010

Don Michael: Eng103. Fast food workers low pay.

Teenagers like to working at Mc Donald’s restaurant because it is the easiest job to find, and also fast food restaurant hire most teenager also hire people who does not have a lot of experiences, example people with experience and education won’t waste time working at a Mc Donald’s for such low pay. That’s why Teenager work at Mc Donald’s because they need money to buy necessary thing, but what I try to discourse is that fast food restaurant does not offer does people any opportunity.
I have reading a news paper about fast food low way wrote by Glenn Koenen. From the St. Louis post-Dispatch (Missouri).
“Talk about how fast food restaurant forces young people to work many hours as possible, often with more than one employer. Fast food outlets pay worker the minimum wage or pennies more” because they don’t really care about their workers, they are just care about making money and keep the business going. And that’s one of the most reason fast food restaurant hires more teenager, more immigrant because they are less expensive. Also the big reason they hire more teenagers is because they are much easier to control and tell them what they have to do.
In my own experience I have work at a Mc Donald for two years. Did not offer me any opportunity, and also paying me the minimum wage it did not matter what type of job I did and also don’t really matter how do I work because the is no promotion. And also make my study suffer because I have to wake up early to open the business before sun light, and also have to work after school. And make me work holyday without extra pay. This is my experience work at a fast food restaurant.

Wrote by: Koenen Glenn
The title of article: St. Louis Post-Dispatch (Missouri)
Title: Fast food, low pay.
Date: 11/14/1994

No comments: